2012年11月20日火曜日

BR 2-08: Super Structures


Did you know that people also build structures under the ocean and on ice? (P.18)


This time, I’m going to introduce you a book about structures. This is the most interesting book I have ever read. I came to have a different outlook on the world and I came to want to travel all over the world because this book introduces various structures that I haven’t ever known. Super structures are tunnel, bridge, skyscraper, dam, Olympic structure, different shape, glass and ice, amazing place, structure in space and animal structure. At the first, one of the longest tunnels in the world is Seikan Tunnel in Japan. I have heard Seikan Tunnel but I haven’t ever known that it is the longest and world-famous. It’s nearly 54 kilometers long and it goes between two islands. Next, I introduce about skyscraper. One of the tallest skyscrapers is the Burj Dubai in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. It’s 818 meters tall!!! It’s amazing. The Burj Dubai has apartments, shops, swimming pools, restaurants, and a library. Didn’t you come to want to go there after you read? If I would travel to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, I want to go Burj Dubai by all means. Next, I introduce you about different shapes. It’s David Fisher designed the first rotating skyscraper. It uses energy from the wind. Each floor rotate a full circle and the skyscraper can be a different shape very day. I thought that an architect who designed a rotating skyscraper is genius. Next, do you know Ice Hotel in Sweden? It’s a hotel made of ice in a village in Sweden near the Arctic. The hotel is open from December to April. And the beds, chairs, and the table are also made of ice. Even the drinking glasses are made of ice. Did you come to want to travel around the world? There are a lot of super structures in the world. I have filled with motivate in my heart after I read this book. I want to study English and work my part-time job to travel around the world! Thank you for reading.


                               Reference

Undrill, Fiona. (2010). Super Structures. Oxford, America. Usbone


[364 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿