2012年11月2日金曜日

BR 2-01: How elephants lost their wings


But they didn’t get their wings back and they never flew again. (P.22, 23)

Why I picked this book up, because the pictures the cover and contents are very cute. And back some pages have five puzzles like an addition. They were very cute and healed my heart. The content of this book was very deep but at first sight it was very superficial like that little children read. The most important story that the writer wanted to tell our readers was above all else, not get carried away in our life. It is my point of view about this book. An elephants that has wings got carried away and broke the trees and destroyed houses. It was a situation about which one could not help being concerned. And gods lost wings of an elephants. I learned an important thing from this book. It is that should not get carried away in one’s life. If it gets carried away, surely it is going to be lost one’s precious things and serves one’s life. I thought that take these warning to heart because I also get carried away soon too. So, there are lots of misunderstanding and jumping to a wrong conclusion in myself. And they are connected with lots of failure and loss for me. As a result, I have been suffered a loss ever because I get carried away. I’m often paid attention from my mother “You are weak in modesty”, “Above all else, conduct yourself more modesty” and “Don’t be proud and arrogant”. I always let my mother’s advices go in one ear and out the ear when she paid attention to me. But I understand now. I’m going to spend on my life with taking her warnings to heart.

                            Reference
Sims, Lesley. (2007). How elephants lost their wings. London, England. Usbone

[302 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿