2012年11月2日金曜日

BR 2-02: The Gingerbread Boy


He knew the gingerbread boy would make a good snack. (P.18)

I was very hungry when I looked the early stages of this book’s picture that a little old woman made a boy out of gingerbread. I thought that this book was for little children when I read it until on the way. But I thought that it wasn’t for little children because the climax of it was too merciless. The gingerbread boy ran out of the little old house and ran on and on until he came to a river. Then a fox was running by and saw the gingerbread boy. And fox said to the gingerbread boy, “I’ll help you cross the river. Sit on my tail.” This was the beginning of tragedy. Finally, the gingerbread boy was eaten by a fox. I was shocked that it was too merciless. I was sure that this story would be finished in happy end because the picture was cute. But I thought that the writer wanted to tell our readers was children should obey what their parents tell them and never believe and follow unknown people. There are very important things for little children. Maybe they should read this book but the climax is merciless for them. But there are kidnappings in recent years. In other words, a fox in the story of this book, figuratively speaking, a kidnapper. I thought that this book was the most suitable for little children to tell terror of kidnapping. If someday I would be got married and gave birth to a baby and grew up in the future, I would like to read to my little child.

                         Reference
Ziefert, Harriet. (1995). The gingerbread Boy. NewYork, the United States of America. Usbone

[288 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿