2013年10月21日月曜日

Movie Review: To Kill a Mockingbird


This time, I’m going to introduce the movie “To Kill a Mockingbird”. This movie is about a male lawyer who in charge of the case a black man was accused of attacking a white woman in Alabama. There was racial prejudice there for a long time. This movie is made as a flashback of the incident and those days by the daughter of the lawyer. This story is drawn not only from the court drama but also the children’s viewpoint of the adult’s world.

A male lawyer lives a happy life with his two young children. A white woman is imprisoned by her father in the lawyer’s neighborhood. One day, the woman accuses a black man of rape and bring a case. People live in the town cautioned the lawyer that he would not be forgiven if he defended the black man. But he hates injustice and prejudice, he has a strong sense of justice. This movie is drawn a father has hardship and a despotic town from the children’s viewpoint.

I saw “To Kill a Mockingbird” and wrote a report in a certain class last year and this time, I saw this movie for a second try. This time, I felt the content of this movie was deeper and darker than the last time. If it was a proper court, the black man would be innocent. But the jury members were all white, therefore he was found guilty. And what was even worse, he attempted escaping out of despair and he was shot to death. This scene was really unbelievable and very shocking for me. But this story wasn’t finished yet. A father of the white woman was shown to be a liar in court and has a grudge to the lawyer. A father attacks the children of the lawyer. It was a boy that saved them from this terrible crisis. A boy was thought to be a very strange person and crazy out of his mind, was looked down from his neighboring people. When the scene where suddenly the boy appeared and saved the children came, I felt quite relieved and I was impressed. I was made to think how bullying, discrimination and prejudice lost all over the world after I saw this movie. And I thought that this movie was drawn the lifestyle of proud loneliness, the ideal father image and deep-rooted racial discrimination. I was holding my breath in a scene that the children steal into the white woman’s house like a haunted house. I felt like it was an old movie at the start because it’s a film in monochrome. But gradually I felt that such as racial discrimination has been continued to be deep-rooted all over the world until now. This movie told me very important things. I would like to see this movie many times and talk about various the human rights question with my friends. We have to lose bullying, discrimination and prejudice from the whole world. Thank you for reading!

[469/10463]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿