2013年10月3日木曜日

BR 2-08: Caves

“Caves are made over thousands of years.” (P.10)



This time, I’m going to introduce everybody this book about caves. Do you know how caves were made? And have you ever gone into caves? At the first, I’m going to talk about how caves were made. Rain comes on the way down from the sky and it mixes with a gas called carbon dioxide. After rain and carbon dioxide are mixed, they make an acid called carbonic acid. Carbonic acid eats away rocks and it makes holes in the rocks. After a lot of rocks have been eaten away by the carbonic acid, it makes a very big hole over thousands of years. This hole is a cave. And when people go into caves, they absolutely have to have a hard hat, boots and a torch. Boots make people to be safe from slipping on wet rocks. And caves are really dark, it needs a torch. By the way, have you ever gone into caves and limestone caves? I have gone into there on a junior high school excursion. At that time, I went into a cave where people had run away from their house and hided at war in Okinawa. I still have been remembered the impression when I went into the cave. It was really dark and I felt really horror in there. Some of my friends couldn’t go into there because they felt really horror on the way. At a matter of fact, people had been hided in the really dark cave at a war in Okinawa. I wandered how   dreadful people must had been at that time. And I have ever been to a limestone cave on a junior high school excursion. I still have been remembered the impression when I went into there. It was really humid weather in there. And somehow I felt mysterious. I couldn’t believe that there is really world because there are a lot of wet rocks on the around. It was very strange. I thought that I couldn’t absolutely go into limestone caves alone because it was too strange. But I feel very interesting that making an exploration of many kinds of caves in foreign countries when I was watching a TV program about that exlore caves. I want to try it. But to tell the truth, I think that I don’t have courage and vitality. Shall we go into some caves together in the future? After I would go into there, I will surely to be fresh feeling. I would like to go into caves someday by all means. Thank you for reading!

[434/6872]

References
Brasch, Nicolas. Bjoklund, Mats. (2007). Caves. South Melbourne, Australia. Usbourne

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿