2012年6月13日水曜日

BR: 1-19 THOMAS EDISON


No one had ever done anything like that before! (p. 9)

This time, I read the book about Thomas Edison. Everyone knows about him who invented the electric light, sound recording and moving pictures. I’m going to introduce his career. He worked various job. When he was 12 years old, his first job was selling newspaper on trains. Next when he was 14 years old, he began his own newspaper. No one had ever done anything like that before. I thought that no one had ever done anything like that before was very wonderful. And when he was 16 years old, he started working as a telegrapher. He became deaf when he was a child. I haven’t ever known the fact. But many people say that being deaf helped to make him a good inventor. In 1872, he set up his own big laboratory. He invented various inventions in there. And I thought that his inventions saved by the grace of his many experiences when he was a child. The book told me important thing. I should do a lot of experiences that a part-time job, volunteer activity and so on. It’s important study for me. I would like to challenge various things regardless of fear.


 Reilly, Carmel (2007). Thomas Edison. South Melbourne. Australia. Usborn 
[212words]

4 件のコメント: